We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Lab Scientist Oncolytic virotherapy in human tumor ecosystems (f/m/diverse)
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated
Lab Scientist Oncolytic virotherapy in human tumor ecosystems (f/m/diverse)
Within this research-based position, you will be part of a translational hub investigating early anti-cancer research concepts.
- Establish and characterize primary human tumor ex vivo cultures
- Investigate mechanisms of actions of novel oncolytic virus/immunomodulatory therapeutics in human tumor ex vivo based primary culturing systems
- Set-up and perform basic cell- and molecular assays (e.g. IF/IHC, ELISA, RNA expression analyses)
- Independently execute, evaluate and document experiments
- Support sample organization/logistics
Your ideal qualification:
- Master/diploma degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine or equivalent
- Background in immunology/cancer immunology/cell biology is an advantage
- Sound knowledge in basic cell-and molecular assays including trouble-shoot abilities
- Experience in tissue based assays (3D) or patient-derived samples is a plus
- Ability to independently plan, execute, evaluate and document experiments
- Excellent organization skills
- Team player with clear communication skills to integrate in a multi-disciplinary, lively and flexible team
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
- You will have the unique possibility to be part of an engaged scientific team driving research towards a novel cancer therapy at the interface of science and translation
- Work within the passionate, science-driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least €38.000 gross per year/full-time).