We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Scientific Writer and Lab Manager (m/f/d), full-time
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in Rum, close to the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our international scientific team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options of tomorrow.
Our lab and site organization team provides comprehensive administrative support to our scientists, giving them room to focus their full creative potential on developing breakthrough therapies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive
Scientific Writer and Lab Manager (m/f/d), full-time
- Your work will span a wide range of activities in the area of lab and site organization: ensure biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) laboratory safety, coordinate proper storage and disposal of biological samples and hazardous materials, oversee ordering and storage of lab supplies together with a team of lab assistants, keep track of maintenance and repair of technical equipment, develop and maintain corresponding documentation and SOPs and train lab staff
- Assist with writing, proof-reading and submission of scientific publications, applications for public funding and reports to public funding agencies, compile authority applications for work with and export/import of biological specimen
- Take care of the export and import of biological materials such as animal pathogens and BSL-2 organisms according to international regulations, including sample management, communication with shippers/recipients/carriers, public authority interactions, and documentation
- Work in close collaboration with the site leadership and the scientific team, interact with various internal and external stakeholders, e.g. international project partners, contract research organizations, local authorities, public funding agencies
Your skills & qualification:
- University degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine or equivalent; PhD preferred, but not required (without PhD, 5+ years of relevant industrial experience are required)
- Comprehensive understanding of laboratory techniques and workflows, ideally including hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques; ideally, background knowledge in virology, immunology or oncology
- Profound experience in writing scientific texts, including peer-reviewed publications and grant proposals, ideally experience in communication with public authorities and/or public funding agencies
- Experience with export/import of biological samples and/or laboratory safety and genetically modified organisms legislation are a strong plus
- Team player mentality with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowerment combined with accountability is highly supported
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize tasks, and work well under pressure
- High level of attention to detail, reliability and commitment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, both in English and German
- If you bring humor, a great deal of pragmatism and improvisation in all situations, as well as the interest to acquire broad interdisciplinary expertise this job is for you!
- This role provides the unique opportunity to actively support the research on novel virus-based cancer therapies at the interface of science and translation. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding team that has fun at work.
- You will work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company with flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas, whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry´s top 20 companies worldwide.
- Enjoy our bright, friendly and modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building.
- We offer a permanent position, flexible working hours, and an attractive salary and fringe benefits package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50.000 gross per year/full-time).
If you are an all-round go-to person and want to strengthen our team with your multifaceted talent, we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, certificates, and references, all in one PDF document) including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date by email to Dr. Lisa Egerer at firstname.lastname@example.org
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com